Happy Wednesday, witches and friends! It’s my favourite day of the week to share with you, because Wednesdays we wear pink and do spells.
Very quickly: the One Boss Witchcast will be premiering on Spotify and Anchor this week! I’m so excited to bring it to you. Please make sure you check in and sign up for the newsletter so it gets delivered to you each week. And let me know what you want to hear about!
I realise that the title of this post may be initially misleading, but let’s get metaphorical for a minute. Right now the world is scary, and I know that I, for one, am feeling grubby AF, and not just when I (am forced to) leave the apartment.
Why am I feeling grubby? Well, because every time I turn on the TV, check social media, or just generally wake up in the morning, every element of my life is flooded with information about Covid-19. And, yes, that’s partly my fault for having news notifications on my phone and Sky News on speed-dial on the TV. Anyway.
When we have a constant barrage of distressing, upsetting or just bad news, it has an effect on our bodies, minds and spirits. It gets into the pores of our souls and brings our vibrations down, and that’s normal. In fact, it has been claimed that what we are experiencing is essentially a globally-shared trauma – so it’s more than normal to be feeling distressed, anxious and grubby.
Make Me Clean Again!
Don’t fear, friends, I’m here to help you cleanse, tone and moisturize your heart and soul. Let’s begin.
Time to give our souls and bodies a wash, friends. As you know, I’m a huge fan of ritual baths. They are easy and also cheap, and mostly you can manage this with things you already have in your home. Raid those kitchen cupboards and pull out any or all of the following cleansing herbs and bits and pieces:
- ROSEMARY. This all-rounder works quadruple time (at least). It cleanses, it soothes, it removes negative energy, and smells like heaven. About 5-10 drops of essential oil, or just whack it in from the shaker. It doesn’t matter. It’s all about intention.
- LEMONGRASS. Maybe you don’t have this one lying around, but I cook with lemongrass and I love the scent, so I do have this in two forms in my apartment right now. Lemongrass is killer for both cleansing and sharpening the mind. Feeling blurry? Lemongrass that sh*t.
- SAGE. You know how we say we need to sage ourselves? It’s because sage is like the global cleansing herb 101. TBH, I buy my sage either trimmed from the supermarket (fresh) or dried in a jar. Bonus if you get it from Sainsburys who sell their herbs in little glass jars with metal lids. #zerowaste (#notanad).
- EUCALYPTUS. Great for the clearing out both your sinuses and your soul.
- CLOVE. Drives away negative energies/malicious forces. Just chuck some cloves into the bath, or be cute and make a pomander by sticking cloves into an orange and hanging it in the bathroom, Middle Ages plague-style.
- THYME. Removes negative energies and blockages.
- SALT. Look, if you only have table salt, it’s still the thought that counts. Whack a handful in the bath and soak it up.
Okay, so skin toners are basically to get rid of any dead skin cells, boost the cleanse and tighten pores, right, so that dirt can’t get back in. So now we are going to tone our souls (not to be confused with ATONE, though, okay?).
We’re basically adding a protective barrier to our freshly cleaned-out spirits.
Take some salt (again, table salt/sea salt/Himalayan fancy salt are all fine) and place a generous pour of it into a bowl. Concentrate your energy on the bowl, and if you like, wave your incense wand over it for an added boost. You can also add some cleansing crystals, like Black Tourmaline, Black Onyx, Hematite and Smokey Quartz, if you have them handy. These also act like a magnet to suck up bad vibes. Place this bowl in the most-used room of your home and leave it there. This is your added protection against negativity.
You can do as many of these bowls as you like! If you’re having a pretty negative time, consider refreshing the bowl/s every few days or once a week.
Time to get baby soft, supple soul-skin, everyone.
Now that we’re all squeaky clean from bad vibes and feeling toned by our salt bowls, it’s time to rub in the good stuff. What are we going to use as a daily moisturiser?
We’re going to meditate, of course!
Add a 10 minute cleansing meditation to your mornings or evenings. This is going to be the 10 minutes of the day you spend focusing on clearing your energies and raising your vibrations. Choose whatever you like – chakra cleansing, or a stress relief meditation. Just make sure that you are somewhere quiet where you won’t be disturbed; get comfy, put your headphones on, keep your toes warm, and relax.
I can’t change the fact that Covid-19 is wreaking havoc on our daily lives, but I can offer you this: I’m here with you. Together, we’ll get through this. Now, go and take a wash.